Tuesday 2 June 2009

First Post!!

(ABOVE : Obsession 2009 & Dreams 2009)

(BELOW & ABOVE: Obsession 2009)



So I finally managed to figure out these modern day 
technologies (I am a bit of a traditional girl at heart)
and do my first post for my blog! 

The pictures here are from a series I produced for
an exhibition held at RK Burts in March. 
Work was shown by myself and eight others from my 
degree course BA Book Arts and Crafts. 
Each piece is made using Letterpress and Hand-Stitched Filigree.


(ABOVE & BELOW: Dreams 2009)

I enjoyed making this series of work and like the 
combination of Letterpress and Embroidery. 
I would like to produce another series using these two 
mediums again, but maybe producing an edition this time 
as these are all one-offs!

(ABOVE: Hope Fading 2009)

There are more pictures available of the exhibition
on flickr.

(ABOVE & BELOW: Broken 2009)


My final degree show is next week in the 
Eckersley Gallery, London College Of Communication, 
Elephant and Castle, London, SE1 6SB.
So I shall post the pictures up next week and show you 
the other book series I am currently work on.





No comments: